Ashley Petty Twitter: @AshleyPetty_ E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The College at Brockport – Bachelor of Science: Journalism-Broadcasting (Public Relations Focus)/Sport Management (2014)
Brockport, NY (2014)
Double Major, Deans List
Ithaca College – Athletic Training (2010)
Democrat and Chronicle – Sports Outfielder (February 2015-Current)
· Help organize high school and college sports within the newspaper. Speak to coaches about game scores and summaries, write local professional sports stories, organize box scores, cover sporting events, interview professional, collegiate, and high school athletes and coaches, edit stories, write features, work on a deadline.
Rochester Rhinos – Communications Intern (January 2014-August 2014)
Executive Editor - 2014 Media Guide
· Assemble information for publications for the 2014 season including player biographies for the website, game day program, media guide, stampede sheet, and other publications.
· Responsible for researching and writing press releases and information on new players, data entry for charts in the Media Guide, assembling stat packages and information for game notes.
· Responsible for organizing the youth tunnel pregame and pictures and Tweets/Facebook updates on social media accounts during the pregame, halftime, and postgame.
Cover 32 – Blogger (January 2013-January 2015)
· Write football based blogs for Cover 32, focus on Buffalo Bills. Responsible for gathering opinions of fans through Social Media and incorporate them in articles.
89.1 The Point – Public Relations Assistant Director, Sports Department (January 2013-February 2014)
· Attend and set up public relations events in the community, Responsible for photos and updates of concerts on all social media accounts.
· Write sports reports, read sports reports on air, run board for sports games, cover local area high school/college sports.
The Stylus – Brockport’s School Newspaper (September 2012-January 2013)
· Sports Writer, Swimming and Diving Beat Writer
Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society – Member
Phi Epsilon Kappa Honor Society – Member
Sports Leadership Certificate
· Attend leadership workshops and lectures to gain a better understanding of leading a sports team.
Club Sports Advisory Committee/Club Sports Executive Committee
· Make important decisions within club sports, propose ideas, and approve new clubs.
Women’s Club Volleyball – Founder, President and Captain
· Raise nearly $400 in 2013 for club use, market club to campus to form team, initiate fundraisers, organize scrimmages with local teams, order equipment/uniforms, and organize tournament trips.
Sammy Watkins ProCamp/Garth Brooks Teammates Camp
· Ran the music at the DJ booth, helped Sammy Watkins sign 200+ autographs, help choose campers for awards and hand out awards at the all up tent. Help set up team photographs, made sure field was kept neat, help parents with questions, help organize children, help set up and break down camp.
· Plan volleyball game in remembrance of Kristina Keeley, made t-shirts, organize teams, fundraising before and during event, raise awareness through fliers, announcements and social media, raise $700 for a scholarship in her name.
· Personal Branding
· Customer Service